24 September 2007
FlyMonarch.com launches free mobile flight update service
Award winning low fares airline FlyMonarch.com has launched Monarch Mobile: a new, free flight information service providing information, updates, reminders, and exclusive offers to passengers direct to their mobile phone on departure day.
Monarch Mobile keeps passengers abreast of any delays, using the same information that is displayed on the airport departure boards.
Kevin George, Group Commercial Director for FlyMonarch.com explained: "With the mobile phone forming such an integral part of modern life, text messaging seems to be the perfect way to update our passengers on departure day. By saving people from constantly checking the airport departure boards, we hope they'll feel more in control, so we can make the time they spend in the airport lounge as enjoyable as the time they spend on board their FlyMonarch.com flight."
Passengers on eligible flights opt-in from an email invitation to receive their free text message updates on departure day. In addition to delay notifications, passengers receive the following updates from Monarch Mobile:
- 4 hours before departure time, a message reminding passengers of their booking reference and check-in location, and letting them know if their flight is on time
- 2-3 hours before departure, up to 2 exclusive offers from Monarch and relevant airport retailers
- Shortly before boarding, a reminder to go to gate
Monarch Mobile is operated for FlyMonarch.com by Mantic Point. Flight information is provided by BAA, the owner of Gatwick Airport. Monarch Mobile is currently available on all scheduled flights from London Gatwick. Unless a passenger's flight is delayed, they will receive no more than 4 text messages before flying.
For further media information contact:
Leah Rosewell in the FlyMonarch.com press office
Tel: 01582 398 241 or Fax: 01582 488663
Notes to web-editors:
- If linking to the FlyMonarch.com website, please link to: www.flymonarch.com
Notes to editors:
- FlyMonarch.com operates scheduled flights to Spain, Gibraltar, Portugal and Cyprus from Aberdeen, Birmingham, London Gatwick, London Luton and Manchester airports and was named as Leisure Airline of the Year in recent Travel Industry Awards. Fares on FlyMonarch.com flights include complimentary daily newspapers and a refreshing hot towel service; also available is a unique range of tasty hot and cold meals with prices from ï¿½3.00. Seats can be pre-booked at ï¿½5 per one-way flight to avoid the last minute free-for-all experienced on some other airlines, or for only ï¿½15, why not try one of our 48 extra-legroom seats which offer up to six inches of extra space? Regular travellers are rewarded too, with a range of benefits through the airline's loyalty scheme, Vantage Club.
- Passengers travelling on scheduled flights can also avoid the queues at the airport and take advantage of online check-in which is available between 24 and 4.5 hours prior to departure or from 36 hours if you are a Vantage Club member.
- For more information or to book, visit www.flymonarch.com or call 08700 40 63 00.
- Monarch Airlines operates both charter and low cost scheduled services.
- Founded in 1968, Monarch Airlines is part of the Monarch group of companies together with Monarch Aircraft Engineering Ltd and tour operators Cosmos and seat-only specialists Avro. Monarch is one of the UK's largest leisure airlines and the principal independent supplier of charter seats to tour operators large and small, flying to around 100 destinations across Europe, America, Africa and Asia from the UK's principal and regional airports.
- The scheduled service division of Monarch Airlines offers low cost services from Aberdeen, Birmingham, London Luton, London Gatwick and Manchester Airports to destinations in Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar and Cyprus.
- The airline, based at Luton, operates one of the most well-equipped fleets in the skies today comprising 23 Airbus and eight Boeing aircraft.