Founded as 'All About Travel' in 1982, Acendas has been a fixture on the business travel scene for over 30 years – during which time it’s witnessed continued growth due to a focus on traveller experience and building lasting client relationships.
In 2001, Acendas became a Joint Venture with BCD Travel – the third largest purchaser of corporate travel in the US, with over 1,300 locations domestically and more than 3,000 offices globally. The joint venture has allowed Acendas to offer clients some of the best travel technology available, enviable discounts, and resources that span the globe.
This, coupled with an expert team and decades of corporate travel experience, has made Acendas one of the go-to TMCs for customised travel management solutions for clients all over the world.
Putting Traveler Experience First
The team at Acendas had a clear vision for the kind of business travel itinerary app they wanted to create. They set out to build an app that would provide everything their clients needed for friction-free corporate travel, delivered in one neat package to the user’s device.
Their wish list included:
- Easy access to important financial information – such as exchanges, fees and payment information – for travellers
- The ability to find and share past and current invoices with colleagues or third-parties quickly and easily
- A single location for all trip information, whether on or off-GDS content
- Automated risk alerts and trip updates
- Two-way messaging between the traveler and agent
- Airline check-in and flight status updates
- Self-service features such as directions and itinerary amendments
- GPS traveler tracking and automated status alerts for the travel booker
The result of this was a spec for Acendas Connect, a mobile itinerary app including all of the above features. All Acendas needed, was the technology and data to power the app.
At this point, they spoke to us.
Mantic Point Lends a Hand
Acendas chose Mantic Point to power Acendas Connect for two reasons. Firstly, our wealth of experience in crafting apps was perfectly suited to Acendas' purposes. Secondly, due to our collaborative approach to working on technology development. As Brent Blake, Owner and President put it:
“We chose Mantic Point because they are an excellent partner. There is a broad range of traveler experience features as well as a flexible approach to implementation. Mantic Point understand our business and is very responsive to ideas that we bring forward.”
The result speaks for itself. Our work with Acendas has produced a comprehensive travel management and itinerary app, keeping the firm’s client safe, secure, and informed – from the minute they embark on the trip to the moment they walk back through their front door.
But this is only half the story. To read about how we did it, in full, download our case study.